Sarah, our enthusiastic and passionate blogger friend, also known as Fit For Adventure, came to Scotland for a weekend full of adventure including paddleboarding, canoeing, mountaineering and much more!
Sarah shares her Wild Scotland experiences with us, where she learned new skills as well as brushing up on some un-used ones!
She found out things she never thought she would about Scottish wildlife and discovered just how much you can pack into a weekend, courtesy of travelling on the Caledonian Sleeper train from London Euston to Aviemore on a Friday night and returning on a Sunday night.
- Board the Caledonian Sleeper at London Euston at 21:15
- Enjoy a meal on board in the Club Car
- Get comfy in Deluxe Room and settle down for a great sleep
- Wake up to stunning Scottish highland views
- Get set for the day a with full breakfast
- Arrive at Aviemore, ready for a day of adventure
- Meet with In Your Element for a guided paddleboard session on Loch an Eilien, Cairngorms
- Head to Loch Ness with Mike from In Your Element for a fun guided canoeing session
- Stay in the Cairngorm Guest House, Aviemore
- Wake up and be treated to another local produce Scottish breakfast
- Set off with Mike from McKenzie Mountaineering in the search of winter conditions, in May!
- Explore the Cairngorms, learn about wildlife, how to build a snow hole and life-saving mountaineering skills
- Board the Caledonian Sleeper train at Aviemore for the return journey south
- Wake on board the train, get showered and ready for breakfast
- Arrive at London Euston at 9.05
Read Fit for Adventure's full blog with all the detail and top tips for a weekend in Scotland travelling via the Caledonian Sleeper. We're sure you'll be inspired!
USEFUL LINKS TO PLAN A SIMILAR TRIP
Be inspired >