Wild Scotland is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The policy below outlines how we collect and process personal data. Please read below to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Use of personal data
Wild Scotland collect and use your personal data in a number of ways which include subscribing to our newsletter ‘News from the Great Outdoors’. Joining Wild Scotland as a member and in connection with other Wild Scotland activities and events. We will only collect data when full permission is given. Users may visit the website anonymously.
Data collection through research methods
Data may be collected through research questionnaires where personal data may only be given voluntarily. Other data collected through research methods will be anonymous.
The personal data that Wild Scotland holds about you is for the following purpose:
- To distribute Wild Scotland ‘News from the Great Outdoors’ – information for consumers about wildlife and adventure holidays in Scotland
- To gather consumer research
- To communicate with Wild Scotland members
- To offer advice to Wild Scotland members and the adventure tourism sector
- To provide a marketing service for Wild Scotland members
- To communicate with the tourism industry including notification of meetings such as the Wild Scotland Annual General Meeting, events, industry updates, industry surveys and news
All emails link to our Privacy Notice and include an ‘unsubscribe’ button at the foot of the email.
Non-personal identification information
- We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
The personal data that Wild Scotland holds about you may consist of the following:
If you have ‘opted in’ to receive the Wild Scotland newsletter ‘News from the Great Outdoors’ the following information will be held on *MailChimp:
- E mail address
If you are a member of Wild Scotland, we will hold the following information:
- Business/home address
- Telephone number(s)
E mail address
If you have signed up as a business contact, we will hold the following information:
- Business name
- Email address
How is data stored?
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Wild Scotland: email@example.com or you can withdraw through Eventbrite.
How is data protected?
Wild Scotland ensure data is protected appropriately at all times.
Emails: You will be able to contact Wild Scotland by email and through a contact form on the website. If you provide us with your email address, we will reply to your email and give you the opportunity to ‘opt-in’ to receive information in the future.
How do we measure visits to our website?
We measure visits to the Wild Scotland website through Google Analytics. This records what pages you view, how long you are on the site and what device you use to visit the site. It also records your location. All information is anonymous. You can learn more about Google Analytics and opt out here if you want to.
Wild Scotland use Google Analytics to help improve the site.
How long will Wild Scotland keep your data?
We will keep your data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the following purposes and use the following criteria to determine how long to retain your personal data: Term of Membership, Term of Subscription
Providing us with your data (Members)
We require your personal data as it is a requirement of membership.
By giving Wild Scotland your consent, you are giving us permission to hold and process your personal data for the purposes given above.
Consent must be explicitly given, and Wild Scotland will always tell you why your personal data will be retained and how it is used. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Wild Scotland on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also withdraw your details through MailChimp.
Wild Scotland will not pass on, share or trade your personal data with any person or organisation without first receiving your consent. Under no circumstances will Wild Scotland sell your information to third parties or advertisers
Wild Scotland uses Eventbrite to manage event bookings.
What can you do?
- You will at all times have legal control over your own data and at can ask for a copy of any information Wild Scotland hold about you.
- You may have any incorrect data corrected
- You may ask to have any personal data erased at any time
- You may ask that your data is not used for marketing
Updated 11th November 2019